Enriching Children’s Lives, Connecting with Families
Our Philosophy and Aims
St Pius X Outside School Hours Care Service is committed to providing a rich learning environment for school age children, where children are free to play, investigate, find adventure and be challenged.
- Provide a variety of stimulating, fun activities whichtake into account children’s individual needs,interests, abilities, ages and diverse backgrounds
- Place an emphasis on the child and foster strong positive relationships
- Allow children to explore the world around them, their relationships with others, develop skills and build their self-esteem through play
- Empower children with skills for life such as negotiation, communication, independence, resilience and decision making
- Respect each child as an individual and promote a positive self-image and acceptable behaviour patterns
- Encourage children to explore their natural environment and educate them about environmental sustainability.
- Meet the ever-changing needs of all families who require outside school hours care in a safe, nurturing caring and supportive community
- Ensure there are regular mechanisms designed to evaluate and reflect on all aspects of service delivery.
The OSHC Service is endorsed by the St Pius X School Board, and the values, beliefs and policies complement the school’s own. Open communication with families will be actively encouraged, as will the participation of families in planning and decision making about the Service. The Service is managed by an OSHC committee which meets approximately once a term and everyone is welcome to attend & participate in the meetings
Acknolwedgement To Country
We acknowledge this land where we play and work is the traditional lands of the Kaurna people and we respect their spiritual relationship with their country; the land, the creatures, the plants and waterways. We also acknowledge the Kaurna people as the custodians of the Adelaide region and that their cultural and heritage beliefs are still as important to the living Kaurna people today. We respect their Elders past, present and future.